Sunday 24 January 2016

A Clean Sweep.....

So, I have a confession to make. I have in the past, been a regular user of makeup wipes! I know, I know, you are gasping in horror! Yes, I know they are not the best for your skin, but you must admit there are better ones out there these days. Anyway, it's a new year, so I have been good & started to really look after my skin. After all, in my day job, I'm all about skincare, so yes, I should really practise what I preach! So, back to the task in hand.....I recently received a 'Look Fantastic' Beauty Box (purchased by myself - they are terrific value for money) & in it was the 'Darphin Paris' Azahar Cleansing Water. In recent times, the all new Micellar cleansing waters are really taking the beauty industry by storm, with their amazing 'magnet' like technology & many beauty companies creating their own version. I had already tried a few brands, one in particular which stands out to me, which is the 'Garnier' Micellar Cleansing Water. So, I thought I would give the Darphin one a whirl. And like the Garnier one, I wasn't disappointed. 
As I have been a skin wipe user, I really like something that takes my makeup off quickly at night. I'm not one for lots of cleansers & getting drenched in water (& the bathroom) just before bed & so the Micellar water really is the perfect option for me. I wear full face makeup regularly - concealer, foundation, powder etc.... (Oh & not forgetting my signature very black eyeliner!! - the more the better!) so I need something that takes EVERYTHING off! The Darphin water is for eyes & lips, as well as the face so it was perfect. It is for all skin types even sensitive skin. I also noticed it was great around my eyes. I'm a contact lens wearer with very sensitive eyes & this actually didn't make my eyes sting like some products can. It had a lovely fresh smell & took about 4 large cotton pads to take off all my makeup. I received a 50ml sample in my beauty box, the full size is 200ml. It's £25 for the full size product, which maybe pricey for some budgets, but it is definitely worth the money if you have very sensitive skin, as it is very gentle & will not strip your skin. 
So, Micellar waters are now a regular part of my skincare regime....what's yours? Is there something new that I need to know about? Let me know! 

Bee x 





3 comments:

  1. Such a coincidence your post on micellar water, I was researching makeup removers and the garnier one had top reviews on amazon so have just ordered it. Agree makeup removing wipes are terrible for your skin, I had awful skin reaction to them after using them for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Such a coincidence your post on micellar water, I was researching makeup removers and the garnier one had top reviews on amazon so have just ordered it. Agree makeup removing wipes are terrible for your skin, I had awful skin reaction to them after using them for ages!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, the Garnier one is great value for money & works well. Thanks for your comment x

    ReplyDelete