Wednesday 17 February 2016

Discovering Kiko...

Quite a while ago, I was watching one of the many beauty channels on YouTube which I'm subscribed to & the lady on there was raving about 'Kiko' & how great the quality & price point was.  I was fascinated!
After watching that video, the name 'Kiko' kept cropping up in magazines & other beauty channels - it was drawing me in!  I needed to get Kiko in my life!
But...life gets in the way & as I thought I could only order online, I kept forgetting to have a look!  Then, not that long ago, I was on a trip to London.  Pushing through a busy crowd of shoppers, I suddenly looked up & there, straight in front of me was Kiko!  That was it. I had to go in!
It was a tiny shop crammed full of makeup & shoppers!  I now know why Kiko is popular!

Kiko was established in 1997 & it's full name is actually Kiko Milano & as it is an Italian brand, it is at the forefront of beauty trends.  Having finally looked up it's website, it says there that their vision is "Be what you want to be" & that really sums them up!   Great quality products & a great price too. Oh, & they don't test on animals either!

So, here's what I purchased.....

3 Lipsticks
1 Eyeshadow
Eye Primer

The Lipsticks....



The Smart Lipstick in 917 'Mauve Pink' -
I absolutely love this lipstick.  It's a gorgeous colour (think your lips but better) with a wonderful rich moisturising texture so it will never dry out your lips.  The matte black packaging is really sleek & the price is only £3.90.  Bargain!

Crystal Sheer Lipstick in 413 'Persian Pink' -
I wanted a new 'girly pink' lippie & so I went for this.  It's a really sheer (but glossy) finish - hence the name! - & I love the funky silver & lilac packaging.  You push the top down to release the product.  Very cool!
It was £6.90, but I've just looked on their website & it's currently down to only £2.00! Wow! I want some more!

Luscious Cream Lipstick in 503 'Hot Cocoa' -
This is a really creamy lipstick, again with the funky packaging but in just plain silver.  The colour payoff is great.  I'd wanted a more darker browner tone as I always seem to play it safe with similar colours, so I chose 'Hot Cocoa'.  A lovely creamy colour which reminds me of hot chocolates!
And again, this has been reduced to only £2.00 from £6.90. (Get on the website now - go! go!)

Onto the Eyeshadow....



Infinity Eyeshadow in 243 -
A gorgeous pigmented burgundy colour.  I'm yet to use this (I have lots of shadows!) but I can't wait!  Again, a reasonable price.  The only downside is, having looked on the website, it seems to be no longer available (although I've found one very similar on there).  However, there are tonnes of other gorgeous colours to try.

Final Product....

I needed an eye primer.  I had been applying my eyeshadows straight onto my lid after applying my base (foundation, concealer & powder) - partly down to laziness, but I was fed up of my shadows not lasting or creasing.  So, primer it was!
I came across Kiko's eye base primer.  And it does what says!  It definitely makes your eye shadow last longer & it really does make a difference to the colour of your shadows.  It really enhances them.
Top tip! - Only use a tiny amount.  A little really does go a long way.  So, for £6.90, it's great.  It will last me forever!

Recently, I received a beauty box & to my surprise, inside was a mascara by....you guessed it...Kiko!  It's their Extra Sculpt Volume mascara in Black.  Again, funky packaging & the brush looks cool too & very thick.  I'm yet to try it out but judging by their other efforts I'm sure I won't be disappointed.

I took a shopping trip to Birmingham the other day & came across a new Kiko store there.  They are cropping up everywhere!

Have you caught the Kiko bug yet? It's really contagious & will definitely take hold!

Bee x

No comments:

Post a Comment