Friday 12 February 2016

My current hair saviours!

My hair, like I'm sure with many other ladies, is the bane of my life!
I've been colouring my hair for many years.  It's naturally light brown (at least I think it is - I've not seen it since I was about 14!).  It's been nearly every shade of blonde I can think of, but I've always sort out the best products to protect it from the various chemicals which have been used on it.
In recent years my naturally thick & wavy hair has lost a lot of volume.  I discovered recently that it is down to a health issue & now, finally it is being rectified & is slowly improving.

So, in the meantime I thought I would share with you 2 hair saviours that have really helped me.
They are;
Garnier Ultimate Blends - The Sleek Protector Oil


&



So, here's the low down.....

After I've shampoo'd & conditioned my hair, I apply my Garnier oil to the mid lengths (from ear height!) & ends of my hair.  I use 2 pumps of this. 
The Garnier oil contains pure coconut oil.  Now, we all know how amazing coconut oil is, don't we?  It's useful for EVERYTHING!
This hair oil, not only smells divine but is lovely to apply & makes my hair a lot smoother as it tends to get rather frizzy!
It has many uses too.  It claims to smooth your hair for 72 hours (although I don't think I've left it that long before I've washed my hair again!) & it contains a heat protector for upto 230c protection.  As well as applying it to wet hair (like me) before you style, you can use it before you wash as a pre-nourisher & also after styling to just tame any fly-aways.  Basically, you can use it any time!
It comes in a 150ml bottle & I've had this for ages as you only need a small amount, so it's definitely value for money.

Finally, I use my L'Oreal Paris Elnett Satin Heat Styling Spray.  I have the one for volume. 
After running through my mid lengths & ends with the oil, I give my hair a generous spray all over with this.  So, I'm definitely making sure I have plenty of heat protection before I blow dry my hair (& occasionally I straighten my hair too).
This volume formula claims to give you a voluminious style for up to 3 days.  It definitely gives me volume for the first day but depending on the weather etc.,  my hair can lose volume on the second day.  I wouldn't have volume for the third day, as despite always colouring my hair (I have foils), it would be too greasy to get any volume!
The spray comes in a 170ml spray bottle & like the oil, it lasts me ages - even though I do give my hair a very generous spray!  Again, it's great value for money & pretty much does the job I'm after! (I've tried other heat protector sprays but always repurchase this!)   

So, these are my 2 hair saviours to keep my hair looking pretty good & keeping it healthy.....
What are your hair saviours?

Bee x



No comments:

Post a Comment