Tuesday 23 February 2016

The Palette You Just Can't Give Up...

My mum once said to me that you should never go back to an ex.  It never works out.  It maybe 'comfortable' to be with that same person but it will all end in tears.

Now, what's this got to do with makeup??

Well, I've used a certain palette for a while now.  I loved it.  I went through most of the colours & then I got a bit bored & put it to one side.  I thought I would try out some new ones; like a kid in a sweet shop, trying out all the varieties out there is always exciting!

Then, after a few weeks, the looks I was trying out seemed a bit stale. So, of course, back to my old palette I went; like a faithful puppy, it was awaiting my return!

And, I'm so glad I did.  You see, it's perfect.  What's it's name?  Iconic 3 by Makeup Revolution.  







As I say, I've used it for quite some time now & the quality is so good, that I've barely made a dent.  No wonder people say it's the perfect dupe for Urban Decay's Naked 3!

The shadows are soft & perfectly pigmented but without fallout - which is great for me!  Especially when I'm in a rush!  You don't want shadow flying everywhere!

The pricepoint is great too at only £4.00 compared to it's 'big sister' at around £38.00!

It's packaging is on the cheap side & very basic, I must admit but you really want to dive straight into the colours & not faff around with packaging.  I also wouldn't bother with the appicator though.  I would just use your favourite brush to apply the shadows.

The palette contains 12 shadows - a mix of shimmery & matte.  I particularly love the warm pinky bronzey tones which compliment my green eyes well.

I do think on the whole these Makeup Revolution palettes are great especially if you are starting out in makeup as they have so many colours to experiment with & you definitely don't lose out if some shades don't suit you as they are so cheap compared to their more expensive counterparts.

But, back to the Iconic 3. It has so many shades that will work for any look - should it be a daytime look or something more dramatic for night time.  The colours are all very wearable.

So, what was I saying about that ex that you shouldn't go back to?  Yep, it may feel comfortable but it won't work out; you know why it didn't in the first place.  Well, thankfully in the makeup world, if you find a palette comfortable & faithful, then why not take it back, should you get bored??

This palette is dependable & with perfect colours for every look necessary.  The Iconic 3 will always be the reliable sort you just can't give up.  It will never let you down!

It's the perfect love story!

So, what makeup do you always go back to? I'd love to know!

Bee x

No comments:

Post a Comment