Wednesday 2 November 2016

What I bought in New York - Sephora / Bath & Body Works

It's been ages since I last blogged! Sorry! I will try to get back in the swing of things!  My day job as you will already know is as a mobile beauty therapist, so as we get towards the end of the year I am getting busier, but I will try my best to blog as much as I possibly can! (promise!)

Anyway, back to today's blog.  Back in September I went on what can only be described as a trip of a lifetime!  I went to New York & Memphis, Tennessee!  Both places are extremely different but incredibly amazing.  I would go back to both in a heartbeat!

And of course, when you are on holiday, you always bring a few purchases back with you.....or at least, I do! 

So, yes, I got a few things & amongst the various bits & bobs I managed to accumulate were, of course, a few beauty buys from that beauty 'mecca' Sephora! And of course, while in New York I couldn't escape (as well as Sephora) Bath & Body Works!

I absolutely fell in love with Bath & Body Works! Why on earth is this shop not in the UK?

So, lets dive in to the shop of dreams.....



I decided to get mini things due to weight & getting them back home.  To start with I bought shower gels in the mini 88ml versions.  
I bought - 
Japanese Cherry Blossom - one of the best smells ever! 
Warm Vanilla Sugar - a lovely sweet comforting vanilla smell.
And finally - Pretty as a Peach - really gorgeous. You can really smell fresh peaches in this. 
Can't wait to use all of these!  They all contain Shea Butter & Vitamin E; a super moisturising formula.

Onto the huge range of hand sanitizers!  I never knew that anti-bacterial hand gel could smell so nice! 
In the shop they had an offer on for 5 minis, or as they call them 'pocketbac' (29ml) & I love an offer, so why not?

I got -
(again) Japanese Cherry Blossom 
I Donut Care - amazing smell of doughnuts! (who would have thought, in an anti-bac?!)
Copacabana Coconut - literally smells like a Pina Colada!
Pumpkin Berry Crumble - sweet & lovely 
& finally, Coconut Pumpkin Latte - totally gorgeous!

So, as you can tell, I absolutely love all of these & I also bought a little sparkly gold holder to put a pocketbac in.  You then clip it to your bag strap, so its always at easy access. Genius! 

Finally, I purchased 2 candles.  I would have loved to have bought more candles, especially the 3 wicks, but I was worried again about getting them back.  I would have been devastated if they had broken.
As Bath & Body Works Autumn range was already in full swing, the scents were amazing.  The 2 mini candles I purchased were Pumpkin Pecan Waffles & Pumpkin Apple.  Both again, wonderful scents. The Pumpkin Pecan Waffles had a lovely sweet & comforting scent to it & the Pumpkin Apple does really smell of fresh apples. I can't wait to start burning them - I've resisted so far - I wish they were 3 wicks so they would last longer! 

Onto Sephora.  On a side note, there are so many Sephoras in NY!  Obviously, I wasn't going to miss a snoop around at least one! 

So, heres the low down on my purchases....



Firstly, I had heard so many good things about Sephora's own range & especially their masks.  So, I picked up Sephora's Anti-Fatigue (I need this!) & Energizing Pomegranate sheet face mask, their Perfecting & Brightening Pearl sheet face mask, their sheet eye masks in (again) Pomegranate & also the Moisturising & Soothing Lotus.  I'm really looking forward to trying these - I can't believe I haven't so far!  I feel a pamper night coming on....! 

Lastly, I purchased 2 mascaras.  I bought a sample size of Urban Decay's Perversion mascara & also Clinique's Bottom Lash mascara.  
The Urban Decay mascara is very good but you do have to be very careful how you apply it as it does seem to have quite a wet consistency.  Has anyone found this or is it just me?
Clinique's Bottom Lash mascara though is fab!  And perfect for me as I always seem to smudge my mascara on my bottom lashes! It has the tiniest of brushes so no mistakes are possible! (Even for me!)

So, yep, that's my roundup of the beauty buys from New York.  If you are ever in the Big Apple & fancy a trip to Bath & Body Works or Sephora, be careful, you may get a little carried away!! 


Bee x 


  

No comments:

Post a Comment